Jacksonville Regional Services Center
DMS (State of Florida Department of Management Services) built several new office facilities, a cafeteria, a central plant and a FDLE forensic laboratory in Jacksonville.
Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) labs must be accredited by the American Society of Crime Laboratory Directors/Laboratory Accreditation Board (ASCLD/LAB). FDLE laboratories utilize proven scientific equipment and accepted scientific techniques.
Disciplines include Chemistry, Computer Evidence Recovery, Crime Scene processing, DNA Database, Documents, Firearms, Latent Prints/AFIS, Microanalysis, Serology/DNA, and Toxicology. The laboratory support systems need to be validated in advance of FDLE seeking this accreditation.E. W. Dunn provided principal-in-charge services in support of commissioning the HVAC systems on this project.
Commissioning services on this project consisted of:
- HVAC & Electrical System Design Review
- Mechanical equipment performance testing.
- Electrical switchgear installation verification and testing.
- HVAC automated control system sequence verification.
- Performance validation of all critical systems (central plant, laboratory airflow).
- Database Management of all Commissioning & Punchlist issues.
- Software was enhanced on this project to handle on project Punchlist issues.
- Compile, organize and turnover Operations & Maintenance Manuals.